A Craigslist Cabaret Contest – submit your video to win great prizes!
To celebrate Do You Want What I Have Got? A Craigslist Cantata, Acting Up Stage Company and Factory Theatre are proud to partner with Jennifer Walls and her SINGular Sensation band in throwing an evening of Craigslist-inspired cabaret performances on February 13, 2013… that could be headlined by you!
Inspired by cast member Dimitry Chepovetsky’s youtube audition for A Craigslist Cantata (posted above), we are currently accepting video submissions for A Craigslist Cabaret Contest. Video submissions should include a performance of any Craigslist ad found at craigslist.com. This can include, but is not limited to…
- Musicalized ads
- Dramatic readings of ads
- Dance/physical interpretations of ads
- Clowning interpretations of ads
Once you’ve submitted your video, check back here every Monday to see if your submission has made it to the semi-finals, as well as artistic interpretations of craigslist ads by performers in the show.
The winner of A Craigslist Cabaret Contest will receive:
- The opportunity to headline A Craigslist Cabaret on February 13, 2013, in the Studio.
- The opportunity to perform in one of Jennifer Walls’ SINGular Sensations cabarets at Statlers as the evening’s featured guest, and to choose the theme for that evening.
- Four tickets to Do You Want What I Have Got? A Craigslist Cantata (on February 13, 2013)
- Four drink tickets to be redeemed at the Factory Studio Theatre between February 13 and March 3.
- Two tickets to see Falsettos, April 23 – May 12, 2013.
- Four drink tickets to be redeemed at the Daniels Spectrum between April 23 and May 12.
- Two tickets to the world premiere of Stopheart by Amy Lee Lavoie, May 4 – 26, 2013.
Please send all submissions with “Craigslist Cabaret” in the subject line to email@example.com. Please include your name, phone number and a link to the Craigslist ad being performed. The deadline to submit to A Craigslist Cabaret Contest is January 18, 2013. Please note that Acting Up Stage Company and Factory Theatre reserve the right to publish, promote or otherwise disseminate all submissions.