The Syd & Shirley Banks Prize
Featuring Dana Jean Phoenix and Jordan Till
Mar 30 & 31, 2014Tickets
About the Show
Awarded annually to two performers who show tremendous artistry early in their career, the Syd & Shirley Banks Prize for Emerging Musical Theatre Artists provides showcase and mentorship opportunities with Acting Up Stage Company and a $1,000 award.
Join them as they take you on a journey of music, life and an building a career as a musical theatre artist. Dana Jean and Jordan will perform in their very own showcase cabaret at the Aki Studio Theatre on March 30 and 31, 2014.
- created by Dana Jean Phoenix, Jordan Till, Chris Tsujiuchi, Ari Weinberg
Dana Jean Phoenix and Jordan Till
- musical accompaniment by Chris Tsujiuchi
- Online: Tickets
- Over the phone: 1-800-838-3006
- In person (2 hours prior to performance only): Daniels Spectrum (formerly Regent Park Arts & Cultural Centre)
Located at 585 Dundas St East the centre is part of the 10-year, six-phase revitalization of Regent Park. Artscape has partnered with Toronto Community Housing, the Daniels Corporation and members of the local community to develop the innovative 60,000 square foot, purpose-built facility.
Designed by the award-winning Diamond & Schmitt Architects, the centre will be the newest addition to downtown Toronto’s thriving cultural landscape.
Directions by TTC
- Take the 505 Streetcar eastbound on Dundas to Sumach Street
- Take the 65 Bus southbound on Parliament to Dundas Street.
- Walk eastbound to the theatre
Enjoy underground parking at The Daniels Spectrum (585 Dundas Street) for a $5 flat rate. The vehicle entrance is off the laneway to the south of the centre, accessible via Sackville Street just south of Dundas Street East.
Additional paid public parking can be found in an underground lot beneath the RBC Royal Bank, just north of Dundas Street East off Regent Street.